If you are new here you may want to check out my recommended Strict Diet before reading this post, that way you can get a better idea of what you can eat and what you can’t overall. Below I will ten of the top foods that if you have Candida are the must not foods. These types of foods will always produce the worst reactions in anyone with Candida and will also make it very hard to get rid of the condition.
If you consume any of these foods below then I recommend stopping it because all it will do is postpone your condition or even make it worse.
Top Ten Foods You Must Avoid – Candida No No Foods…
Organized by the what i consider the worst food first by reaction and degree of avoidance when you have Candida
Albicans (systemic or thrush).
- Vegemite – This is one of worst foods because it consists of is a yeast extract. If you are not familiar with this food, it is one of the most popular food icons in Australia and is consumed mostly there. The food is a salty based paste that is full of yeasts and a list of related vitamins that yeast extract provides. If you have candida you must not eat this food EVER.. Avoid it.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms seem like a healthy option but all they are fungus which can make you have some of the worst candida reactions. Avoid it as a must. If you are sensitive to getting to recurrent candida avoid it for life.
- Msg – Mono Sodium Glutamate should be avoided by all but in case of candida should be avoided even more. This is what i like to call heart attack food, it can raise blood pressure, cause anxiety issues and all sorts of health problems.. There even is a link to it causing bowel and stomach cancer. Avoid it always whether you have candida or not.. It also lowers the immune system which triggers bigger candida attacks.
- White Bread – White bread in general is hard to digest and because of it’s high east content should be avoided by those with candida even when they have it under control.
- Sugar – Sugar in general should be avoided and so it is a must not have food. The only sugars which are okay are sugars from within fruits and even these should be avoided in the early days of candida control. If you see sugar in a product avoid it at all costs. Sugar is a loved food by candida and hours later you will regret it. For days one bit of sugar you will notice.. There are many sugar alternatives to choose from.
- Soy Sauce – Ouch, soy sauce is a big no no and one you want to avoid, it is packed full or fermented soy and yeasts and in some even contains mushroom as well. It can cause really bad reactions to those that have candida.
- Fish Sauce – Another big no no, I learnt this one the hard way with a trip to the hospital so avoid it at all costs. Fish sauce is made from fermented and moldy fish parts, generally the heads and bones and so is a general all round no no when it comes to health.
- Cheese – Unless it is a goats cheese this should be avoided or used in moderation.
- Cake and Biscuits – This is a big no no and must be avoided because it contains yeast ( not always ), sugar and flour. Each of which can contribute to making candida worse.
- Fruit Juices – Unless they are 100% freshly made in front of you they are generally all moldy and would therefore contain yeasts and fermented sugars. If you really want a fresh juice buy a juicer and do it the real way. This way you will know what quality of fruit or vegetable you use and know it is always fresh.
Overall avoiding food that makes candida worse is part of a good all round candida diet, by focusing on avoiding these as well, a lot of people will find that after a few months there health will overall start to improve a lot better.You may even find that one of the must not have foods was your major cause to your problem to begin with and with the adjustments in lifestyle and change it may be enough.
As like avoiding the must not have foods, there are always supplements that one should take as well during this process as well with any candida diet. The two supplements I recommend the most are candex which is a powerful enzyme and Threelac which is a powerful probiotic.
By taking these as well as doing the strict candida diet and avoiding the must not have foods above you can really help get candida under control.